Top tags

Monday 13 December 2010

Marseilles egg yolk soap


Marseilles soap, it is named from Marseille, France where they made traditional soap from vegetable oils about 600 yeas ago. The rule of traditional Marseilles soap must contain 72% olive oil. This soap is strong in cleaning yet can give moisture to skin. By 1688, Louis XIV introduced regulations limiting the use of the name Marseilles soap to soaps made in and around the Marseille area, and only from olive oil. Today this law still stands (although the regulations now allow other vegetable oils to be used).

I also made this classic soap to “feel” it. This time I additionally added egg yolks to give it moister as winter was coming. I didn’t weigh the egg yolks before adding into the soap so I didn’t deduct water from the soap. It leaded to have too much water in it because the soap was pretty soft and wet when the soap was taken out from the mold in summer time. It was like soft clay. I was worried that it might be failed. After letting the soap dry with time, it became harder and normal. I added little tee tree oil which maybe not “smell-friendly” with egg yolk. But my comment of the soap was wonderful!!! Skin is very smooth and shiny after using it. What a great experience!

Ingredients: Coconut oil, palm oil, pure olive oil.
Super fatting: Macadamia Oil.
Essential oils: Tea tree oil.
Additives: Egg yolks.


馬賽皂名字源於法國馬賽這個地方。在大約600多年以前已開始用植物油製造傳統的肥皂,傳統的馬賽皂的指標必須含有72%橄欖油,馬賽皂清潔能力很強然而又能為身體肌膚保濕。在1688年,法國的路易十六對馬賽皂名字的使用規定了製作標準,只有在馬賽或周邊區域製造以及唯一用橄欖油做出來的肥皂才可以使用這名字。至目前為止這法例仍然生效 (雖然現在條例容許使用其他植物油)

我也做這款經典的肥皂去感受一下,隨着冬天的來臨我額外添加蛋黃使它更滋潤,因為我事前並沒有稱蛋黃的重量,所以沒有從肥皂裏扣除了水量,這引致肥皂內有很多水份,因為在脫模的時候正值時夏,皂體很軟和濕,這很像軟的黏土,我那時很擔心成品失敗。待肥皂隨着時間的風乾,皂體變得硬身和正常。我加了少量的茶樹精油,不過氣味好像和蛋黃有點兒不匹配。但我對這馬賽蛋黃皂的評價是極好的!!! 用完後皮膚十分滑和有光澤。無論是做皂經驗及用後感都是一個很好的體驗!

成份:       椰子油,棕櫚油,純橄欖油.
超脂:     澳洲胡桃油.
精油:       茶樹.
添加物:   蛋黃.

4 comments:

  1. this soap is nice.
    lathers up well, last long, and my skin is very smooth.
    fragrance is not a problem other than maybe it could use more teatree oil as I never noticed that fragrance.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually the tee tree essential oil is very strong smell. I don't want to put too much in the soap as it may cause dry skin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not believe I can smell any egg yolks in the soap. At first glance the soap had a slight mint scent, but now that I have read that you added tea tree oil I can place it's scent. It is very refreshing and smooth to the touch.

    ReplyDelete